The Writer’s Passage is a series exclusively produced for Podcasts.ie under the Arts Council of Ireland’s Literature Project Award.
In this new series we are bringing you ten shows, each one detailing the location or locations from a well known book. In each episode the author of that book will bring us on a tour of the areas which are relevant to them and to some of the context within the pages of their book. The Writer’s Passage will bring you on a journey from Sligo to Roscommon, Longford, Kilkenny, Tipperary, Antrim, Waterford, Cork, and Dublin.
Just click on the links below to take you there.
- The Writer’s Passage Episode 10: Chrissy Osbourne In the final episode of The Writer’s Passage we chart Irish hero Michael Collins’ time in Dublin through the eyes of biographer Chrissy Osbourne from her book Michael Collins ~ A Life in pictures.
- The Writer’s Passage Episode 9: Kate Kerrigan Just 1 of 180 free Irish podcasts at www.podcasts.ie from our series The Writer’s Passage, Kate Kerrigan takes us on a tour of some of the Irish locations that inspired her book ‘Ellis Island.’
- The Writer’s Passage Episode 8: Vincent Caprani In the eighth episode of The Writer’s Passage our series on 10 great Irish books we visit Dublin with author and historian Vincent Caprani. Based on his book “A View From The Dart” to take a look at some of the Irish literature luminaries whose homes are close to the station along the ...
- The Writer’s Passage Episode 7: Thomas McCarthy The seventh episode in our series on 10 great Irish books brings us on a journey around the beautiful town of Cappoquin, in Waterford with writer Thomas McCarthy as our guide through the pages of his book The Garden of Remembrance.
- The Writer’s Passage Episode 6: Tommy Sands In the sixth episode of The Writer’s Passage our series on 10 great Irish books we travel to Newry, in the foothills of the Mourne Mountains, and take in some of the spots mentioned in his book The Songman with Tommy Sands.
- The Writer’s Passage: Episode 5 Steve Dunford In the fifth episode of our series of free Irish podcasts The Writer’s Passage; we find out about the exploits of Ned of the Hill and Brennan on the moor are highlighted as Author Steve Dunford takes us on a journey through County Tipperary.
- The Writer’s Passage:Episode 4 Alice Taylor In the fourth episode of our series of free Irish podcasts The Writer’s Passage, Alice Taylor brings us to the important locations detailled in her best selling memoir ‘To School through the Fields’.
- The Writer’s Passage: Episode 3 Jack Harte In Episode 3 of our series of free Irish podcasts The Writer’s Passage we journey to Lanesboro in County Longford and Ballyleague in County Roscommon with Author Jack Harte.
- The Writer’s Passage: Episode 2 Claire Nolan In the second episode of our series of free Irish podcasts The The Writer’s Passage your guide is author Claire Nolan. Claire brings us to three places in Kilkenny City which form the backdrop of her book The Stone. The Stone tells the story of Alice Kyteler a notorious noble woman who disappeared without trace in 1324. ...
- The Writer’s Passage: Episode 1 John Mulligan The first episode in the series The Writer’s Passage featuring 10 great Irish books, your guide is travel writer John Mulligan and his book ‘Following in the Footsteps of the Four Famous Flannerys’ John takes us on a journey from County Sligo, via County Roscommon and onto County Longford.
The Writer’s Passage is produced by All Points West Media Services.